For instant repairs tarmac, asphalt and concrete. Withstands heavy traffic immediately and is excellent for subsidence, pothole and road repairs.
- Apply in any weather – wet or dry
- No ‘official’ curing time – use immediately!
- Extremely easy to use
- No mixing
- No specialist equipment or heat required
- Fills any shape, hole or joint
- Instant and permanent repairs
- Conforms to UK Highways specifications
- 25kg bag
£65.80 (ex VAT)
Instantex Product Details
Instantex is an instant and high performance bitumous road repair compound. It will accept heavy traffic in only 1 hour and can be used in dry and damp areas. Containing a finer aggregate than many other bitumous repair products – it ensures greater compaction and a far harder, longer lasting damage resistant finish.
Use on: Dry or damp concrete, asphalt or tarmac
Use where: Internal/External
Typical industries: All commercial and industrial markets
Type of job: Repairs to factory floors, ramps, footpaths, roads and airport runways
Approximate coverage: 25 kg unit – 1m2 @ 15mm average thickness
Cure time: Instantly, although for heavy duty / turning traffic, a period of 1 hour @ 20oC is advised
Special features: Instant cure, heavy duty, apply in any weather, long lasting, ready to use – no waste.
Application temperature:-5oC to +60oC
Depth of repair (1 layer):1mm – 30mm
Fully cured strength:26N/mm2
Number of parts supplied:1
Please consult the technical data sheet for full technical product data.
The substrate must be clean, sound and free of loose or friable material. Instantex may be applied to wet areas but surface water must be removed.
The repair area should be slightly over-filled from edge to edge with Instantex, which is then compacted to the surrounding level using a club hammer, tamper, compactor or roller. If necessary, continue to add the material with further compaction until the area is completely solid. Rubber or latex gloves should be worn as the product is very sticky.
Please do note however that Instantex should not be laid in more than 30mm layers as it becomes impossible to compact fully. If your hole is deeper than 30mm, simply lay in layers of up to 30mm maximum and fully compact before adding each subsequent layer until the hole is filled. It is paramount that each layer is fully compacted before the next one is laid on top. If you find that your machine or forklift is ‘sinking’ into the Instantex, this simply shows the product was insufficiently compacted. You can of course use a forklift or similar piece of machine to run back and forth to help the final compaction of the Instantex
For large areas – use of a vibrating plate or roller is recommended. The roller drum should be slightly wetted with water to avoid lifting the material.
1) When brushing away the dust from within the hole, leave a small heap nearby and when finished with the filling, brush the dust over the freshly laid Instantex and ‘whack’ into the top. This can help tone down the patch and make it blend in a little better with its surroundings.
2) If it is a particularly hot day and/or if you feel the top is still a little tacky, sprinkle a small amount of neat cement over the surface, this will indeed help the surface to become drier and harder – quicker.
3) If the surface is still movable in any way once laid, this will simply show the product has not been hit hard enough…so very simply – hit it again!!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Slip Resistant single pack acrylic paint for roads & driveways. Water permeable when spray appliedFrom Only: £78.90 (ex VAT)
Advanced single pack epoxy. Ultra fast drying with a drive on time of only 2 hours. Slip resistantFrom Only: £146.50 (ex VAT)
Pourable ultra low viscosity epoxy resin. Penetrates well into fissures & cracks. Increases concrete strengthFrom Only: £29.96 (ex VAT)
External Crack Filler
Fast-curing external crack filler for cracks & joint repairs. Withstands heavy traffic within just 30 minutesFrom Only: £137.50 (ex VAT)
There are no reviews yet.